Uruguay – A Year in Review
Time has flown by! I cannot believe a year has already passed since we bid farewell to Argentina and sailed into Colonia, Uruguay. That moment was bittersweet, as we knew our adventure across South America was truly coming to an end. Since our return to the States and the “real world”, things have been evolving and moving fast. A year later Manu and I sometimes long for those simpler moments when all we had to worry about was what our next destination would be. As we navigate through this peculiar time warp I wanted to take a sweet second to slow things down and remember our voyage through Uruguay in pictures.
- Buquebus offers roundtrip or one-way ferry options between Buenos Aires to Colonia, Uruguay.
- If you’re only visiting for the day, book your bus to Montevideo before heading to see the sites (bus station near ferry terminal).
- Colonia is totally walkable. The walk from the ferry terminal to the old town is easy- no taxi necessary.
- Book a free walking tour of Montevideo with this awesome bunch: Free Walking tour.
- Once in Montevideo take a day or two and check out the Pocitos Beach area.